Wellbeing and Prevention service
My Neighbourhood is about connecting communities and providing support to people who may be isolated, lonely or need a bit of extra support.
The service is designed to offer individual support and maximise community resources to meet the needs of vulnerable adults (especially older people and those with physical disabilities) who are at risk of deteriorating health, social isolation and/or loneliness. We aim to reduce the impact of isolation and loneliness by helping individuals engage in their local community and/or find ways to improve their mental, social and physical wellbeing in and out of their home environment.
The service can:
- help you to stay well and active within your local community
- offer information, advice and signposting to the right support for you
- offer opportunities to meet new people, join in social activities and perhaps try something different
- support you through befriending and help with some simple practical tasks around the home
- help you start up your own activity or local interest group
- support you to find a volunteer role.
The service is funded by NYCC and delivered in partnership by Scarborough & Ryedale Carers Resource and Ryedale Carers Support
For further information, to make a referral, or find out how the service can help you, please contact the My Neighbourhood team at S&R Carers Resource (Bernie or Sarah) on 01723 850155
Bell a Pal
Bell A Pal is a telephone befriending service for anyone living in Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale aged over 18 who maybe feeling lonely or isolated. A Volunteer calls weekly and can gives dedicated time to listen, laugh and support the service is for how ever long the clients feels the needs to have a telephone befriender. Volunteers are all trained and DBS checked before we match to a caller. Bell A Pal was set up in lockdown and has been so successful we are continuing the service.