Home from Hospital
Home From Hospital is a FREE service which provides up to 6 weeks support to help ease your return home from Hospital by giving reassurance and building confidence.
Who can benefit from the Home from Hospital service?
Adults aged 18 and over that:
- Have had an admission to hospital
- Have had a day case procedure
- Have been seen in the A&E department
- Live in Scarborough, Whitby, or Ryedale
What can we help with?
- Prescription collection
- Telephone/home visit support
- Liaising with Health and Social Care professionals
- Helping to set up services and support for the future
- Providing emotional support for family and friends that are caring for a person that has been recently discharged from hospital
Who can refer into the service?
You can be referred into the service by a friend, relative or healthcare provider. You can also self-refer.
You can be referred into the service up to 10 days after being discharged from Hospital.
How do I refer into the service?
- Call 0300 365 4600
- Call 01723 850155
- Download and complete the referral form
Further Information and Referral Form Downloads
For further information about the service OR to request a referral form please contact the team on: Scarborough 01723 850155
Download a referral form here:
What do people say about our service?
“How lovely to see a smiling face at the door the day after my discharge”
“My Home from Hospital worker provided me with reassurance and support as well as putting many services in place for me”
“Thank you for helping my mum! Living so far away, I was really struggling to find the help and services that she needed. You put her at ease straight away and even got her involved with social activities!”