Home from Hospital
In March 2020, Scarborough and Ryedale Carers Resource joined up with East Riding of Yorkshire Council to offer the ‘Home from Hospital’ service to service-users being discharged from hospital to their own homes in Bridlington, Driffield and beyond!
We have recently celebrated our first year in service and we are proud to have supported almost 200 patients to return home safely and comfortably from hospital.
What do we do?
The Home from Hospital Service is about helping individuals to feel more confident and comfortable when returning home. It is not uncommon to feel a little anxious about how you will manage back home, so we offer practical support with many of the little things that worry us when we are not feeling 100%.
Examples of how we can help…
- Making sure you can get essential food items, so that shopping isn’t a challenge in the first few days after discharge
- Looking at what might need to change at home (in the short or longer term) as a result of your hospital stay
- Making sure the immediate home environment is safe and comfortable
- Identifying and signposting service-users to other services and support mechanisms that may support them longer term
Who is the service for?
The Home from Hospital (East Riding) service is available to individuals being discharged home from hospital who:
- Are aged 18+
- Live in the East Riding of Yorkshire
Is there a cost?
No, Home from Hospital is a Free service.
Further Information and Referral Form Downloads
For further information about the service OR to request a referral form please contact the team on: Scarborough 01723 850155
Download a referral form here:
What do people say about our service?
"I am so grateful you have been able to get my shopping so I don't have to rely upon my family as much".
"My worker was really knowledgeable and able to help find other places who could help me"
“Thank you so much you helped me get what we needed for dad now he is getting older, its nice to know the service exists”