Who we are and how we can help.
If you spend time looking after someone who depends on you because they are ill, frail or disabled, we're here to help you!
We are a local charity covering Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale, providing free and confidential support for unpaid carers from the age of 8 upwards.
A carer is someone who looks after a member of their family or a friend when they have an illness, condition, a disability or are elderly. This includes mental health illness and difficulties arising from substance misuse.
We focus on you and help to reduce the stress of caring by:
- Providing relevant advice and information
- Assisting to maximise your income
- Providing a listening ear
- Signposting or referring to appropriate services
- Guiding you through the red tape of authority
- Providing information on volunteering, training and employment
- Giving you the opportunity to make your voice heard
- Providing a specialist service for young carers.
Find out about some of the ways we can help you:
- Telephone Support - Link to the 'Helpline' page
- Face to Face Contact - Link to the 'One to One' Advice Service
- Volunteering Opportunities - Link to the 'Volunteering' page
- Young Carers Service - Link to our Young Carers Service
- Young Adult Carers - Link to our Young Adult Carers Service
We have a comprehensive information resource which we use to provide carers with the information they need to continue to care and also to have a life of their own.
Developing new services for Carers
The services on offer at Carers Resource are always developing so stay in touch to keep up to date with support services that might be of benefit to you or someone you know.
Our office location and contact details
Our office is based in Snainton which is a village between Scarborough and Pickering on the A170.
Scarborough & Ryedale Carers Resource
96 High Street
Telephone: 01723 850155